Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11

Happy New Year! Today's date just makes me happy for some reason! It's fresh and new and uniform:-) I love it!

I've always had good intentions for this blog, but then life got in the way. Not this year! My word for this year is: Create. Part of that includes "creating" this blog and creating things to share here.

I'm very excited to get started on Becky Higgins' Project Life this year. Some of you know that I tried my own version last year using file folders. Well, I made it through April, then had the kidney stone incident and everything fizzled. I've always loved the PL kits, but thought since I had so much stuff in my scrap room that I could come up with my own 'kit'. I found that I was easily overwhelmed and longed for something to keep me focused. "Shiny things" distract me;-)

So, I used some Christmas money and bought the 2011 kit and it arrived on Thursday. Wow, wow, wow! Plus there's an awesome message board where everyone is meeting and greeting and sharing fabulous ideas and past experiences. It's a goldmine of info! And then, there's Becky, of course, who is constantly making videos and posting cool stuff on her blog to get us ready. Can you tell I'm geeking out a bit?! Just a tad;-)

In fact, I'm so motivated for 2011, that I'm actually going back to 2010 and working on that project, too! I spent yesterday printing as many pics as I could find from last year and then went back through my Facebook profile (yes Eric, there IS a positive reason for Facebook!) and took notes based on my statuses and comments. I picked 3 sketches and will just use those so I don't get overwhelmed. Some weeks may not have a ton of pics, but I'll fill in with movie posters or book covers (FB helped with those, too!) and things that were happening in the world.

Whew, that's a lot of words! I'm a reading teacher with an English lit degree, so I tend to ramble;-) Here's to a great year!

Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment