Sunday, February 26, 2012

Breakfast sandwiches

I'm always looking for quick and easy breakfast ideas. I need something with protein in the morning, so I was excited to see these English muffin sandwiches from Macheesmo Cook Something.
I used liquid egg whites instead of whole eggs and cooked them in a silicone muffin pan.  I had to cook them a bit longer than it recommended.  I froze them and took one out in the morning.  It took over 30 minutes to reheat and I generally don't have that much time in the morning.  I guess if I had a toaster oven, it might go quicker.  The next morning I tried the microwave, but just like the site said, that made them chewy and not very good.  So, I decided these would actually be better to eat on a weekend.  

The next weekend, I just made a big batch of scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese.  Then I baked some biscuits.  Each morning, I heated up a scoop of eggs in the microwave and put it between the top and bottom halves of the biscuit.  Perfect!


No comments:

Post a Comment